The best of food, forest and fun – all at an overnight camp!
Forest Gourment Overnight Camp
A twist on traditional overnight camp with a focus on preparing and chowing down on awesome gourmet food!
At Forest Gourmet Camp kids develop independence, build lasting friendships, and have fun at overnight camp.
Vancouver Outdoor School is Vancouver’s best overnight summer camp. Kids explore, discover and play in some of Metro Vancouver’s most stunning locations. They also learn the essentials of outdoor skills, attend kids gourmet cooking lessons, and engage in daily swims and playing in local forests.
Why Forest Gourmet Summer Camp?
- 100% focus on connecting kids with our local forests and enjoying Vancouver’s first overnight cooking and forest camp
- Hike the incredible trails of the Northshore
- Kids will partake in making savory and delicious lunch and dinners under the guidance of Sprouting Chefs
- Comfortable cabin accommodation at Camp Capilano
- Introduction to the basics outdoor education, ecology, forest conversation and more
- 24 hour support and supervision by experienced and skilled camper leaders
- Half day cooking lessons with Sprouting Chefs
- Swimming every single day
- Oh La La La Kids Wellness and Spa Night
- Hike Grouse Grind (session one) and Hike Deep Cove and Mt. Seymour Trails (session two)
- Night hike and evening field games
- Maximum of 40 campers
- Connecting with local Indigenous people
Location: Camp Capilano, North Vancouver BC
Session 1: SOLD OUT! Monday July 23 – Friday July 27,2018 (Monday Drop –off 9:00am and Friday Pick-up 3:00pm)
Session 2: Sunday July 29 – Thursday August 2, 2018 (Sunday Drop –off 9:00am and Thursday Pick-up 3:00pm)
A well-nourished body makes a significant impact on a person’s experience in times of physical and/or mental exertion. Campers learn how to pack and prepare for camp meals and how to cook in a “forest” kitchen. While at camp, our campers nourish their bodies with healthy and holistic foods suited to all diets. Sprouting Chefs is a proud partner of our Vancouver Outdoor School Overnight Kids Summer Camp.
A Typical Day At Forest Gourmet Summer Camp
7:00am – Wake-up and forest yoga
7:30am – Get Ready
8:00am – Prepare for breakfast
8:30am – Breakfast
9:00am – Clean up bunks and prepare for full day
9:15am – Summer Camp Meeting and Review Day.
9:30am – Camp wide warm up activity
10:00am – Gourmet Cooking Lesson (Bon Appetite!) with half the group and other half Forest Adventures (hike, adventure skill, fort building, forest art)
12:30pm – Lunch
1:30pm – B.O.B. (bodies of bed) Rest Time
2:00pm – Gourmet Cooking Lesson (Bon Appetite!) with half the group and other half Forest Adventures (hike, adventure skill, fort building, forest art)
4:30pm – Free time (swimming, critter hunting)
5:30pm – Prepare for dinner
6:30pm – Evening camp activity
8:30pm – Camp Slow Down Activity
9:30pm – Brush teeth and story time
10:00pm – Lights out