ABOUT VANCOUVER OUTDOOR SCHOOL
Our Belief Statements
Our Core Competenices
We are professional educators and experienced guides that offer pre-designed packages or customized programs based on your budget and goals. We deliver these learning experiences in the classroom, neighbourhood, at a traditional camp or as an overnight expedition. Core Competencies are met for any grade, and there will always be direct communication with you, the parents and the administrators.
Jeff Willis, Program & Development
Since then, Jeff has set out to make outdoor education a school, community, parent and individual priority.
Jeff’s passion for experiential outdoor learning, education and community work is linked to:
Jess Dick will forever be grateful for her rural Alberta start to life. She grew up on horseback where she quickly developed a sense of adventure, a strong work ethic and connection to the outdoors. Years later, Jess climbed down from the saddle and onto the volleyball court. An amazing opportunity to play university ball arose in New Hampshire,
India called Jess after graduation where she volunteered for 6 months; this
Our Belief Statements
- We believe learning needs to be flexible, intentional, student-centred and inspiring.
- We believe that curriculum needs to relevant and experiential.
- We believe the earth is the greatest teacher and classroom.
- We believe you are never too young to be a steward of the earth, and a responsible citizen.
- We believe kids, families and adults should play, learn, and explore in the outdoors, while learning to respect each other and the world.
- We believe we are responsible for making the world a better place through service, education and being. Whether this means picking up litter, or performing random acts of kindness, we fuel our learning days with caring.
- We believe are all connected spiritually, emotionally, physically and mentally.
- We believe Indigenous people have rightful title to the land and to their culture. We also believe we have much to learn from Indigenous people, and their thousands of years of teaching and sharing experience.
- We believe you have an entire lifetime to be an adult and a short time to be a kid. That’s why we strive to provide kids (and adults, too!) with the ultimate “kid experience!”
Wonder. Wisdom. Work.
Personal Awareness & Responsibility
Question and investigate
Develop and design
Positive Personal & Cultural Identity
Personal values and choice
Personal strengths and abilities
Solving problems in peaceful ways
Collaborate to plan, carry out, and review constructions and activities
Explain/recount and reflect on experiences and accomplishments
Camp Suzuki 2015 – 2017
Upcoming Opportunities:Invite the VOS Team to visit your school!
We’ll ask questions about your outdoor education needs and wishes, assess your facilities and brainstorm programming options with you. Contact us at email@example.com to arrange a time.