OUTDOOR EXPERIENTIAL EDUCATION
for your school
Choose us for your next field trip! Here are a number of examples that you can choose:
- Natural Play – environmental, nature-based activities that are educational, active and fun for students, while engaging with each other and the environment around them. 100% interactive and playing.
Wilderness Pursuits – learning and using essential outdoor gear, building earth shelters, ropes & knots, survival tips. 100% hands-on activities.
First Peoples of BC – acknowledgments and welcoming, the significance of oral storytelling, blanket exercise (understanding the impact of colonialism and the importance of reconciliation) and numerous Indigenous games. 100% discussion-based activities.
Forest Cuisine – basics of cooking in the woods, cutting skills, basics of food safety, how to use various camp stoves and nutritional tips. Students prepare their meal and will enjoy chomping down on their creation. 100% hands-on.
Green Gorilla – learning the simple steps of reducing their ecological footprint while working on various projects such as seed balls, making all natural environmental cleaners, homemade toothpaste and more! 100% all natural and hands-on.
Outdoor Quests – learning various low element challenge activities such as spider web (group work challenge), electric fence (team building activity), fort and/or raft building. These activities strive towards team building, strong communication, and leadership opportunities. 100% hands-on.
Forest Bathing – a place based and experiential practice to student mindfulness, wellness and social/emotional learning within the forest.
Climate Change Action Art Projects – learning about the impacts and causes of climate change by students (grade appropriate) expressing hope, concern and ideas through various forms creative outlets and art installation.
Canoe School – a fun, interactive day for children out on the water. We provide canoes, all safety equipment, and the option of Certification Lessons (Level 1-4). Canoe school is all about helping your students develop skills and confidence, while working together in a team setting.
** can be modified to fit your schedule, needs, and interests **
9:00 am – Arrival and Introduction
9:20 am – Welcome & Indigenous Acknowledgement
9:45 am – Team Building Activities (experiential based games to support students with getting comfortable and focused on learning outdoor education).
10:45 am – Snack
11:00 am – Learning Station (i.e. Green Gorilla, Outdoor Quests, Forest Cuisine)
12:30 pm – Lunch
1:00 pm – Group Activity (super fun and engaging)
2:15 pm – Debrief
2:30 pm – Departure
Whistler Mountain Cuisine
A three-day wilderness camp in Whistler at a beautiful ski lodge, with a focus on preparing and chowing down on healthy, delicious food! An unforgettable camp experience with the best of food, forest and fun — all at an overnight camp!
Galiano Island Discovery
A three-day wilderness camp for kids wanting to explore, discover and play in the ocean and forests of beautiful Galiano Island. Children will get the opportunity to sleep in tents, learn about campfire cooking, backcountry awareness, all while having a traditional OEE experience.
- April/May/June/September/October 2019
- 2 nights/3 days
Activities include professional cooking & canoeing lessons, wilderness pursuits, and First People’s learning workshops.
- May/June/September 2019
- 2 nights/3 days
WHY CHOOSE US?
- We are about building longstanding and meaningful relationships with your students, staff and school community.
- We adjust our program to best suit your students learning, in collaboration with the teacher.
- Our staff are certified teachers, skilled outdoor educators, or aspiring teachers. We hire the best, and bring our best.
- We have the equipment, staffing and experience to serve up to 75 students at a time.
- We are flexible, fun, and 100% experiential.
- We can go anywhere! You pick: your school, local urban park, or a nearby lake or forested area.
- We work within multiple lens or frameworks. This means that we are NOT a one-dimensional type of education service. We take into account the students’ age, level of interest and comfort, cultural background, and the core competencies that are in place at your institution.